Wednesday 14 March 2012

Magellan In-game

I have completed the Magellan textures and have exported it into the game. I have also updated the skylab model and the MIR textures.

I have also decided that I am removing the background dome with the stars. In all pictures from space the exposure is so low that small light sources like distant stars don't seem visible to the cameras. For that reason I think the game looks better without those stars.



The original reason to add the stars was to make visible the rotational movement when looking at the black background but since I added the dust speckles around the astronaut I don't think they are necessary anymore.

I think it looks colder and more empty now with just the black background.

This next image still has the stars in the background


 

No comments:

Post a Comment