Wednesday, 29 February 2012

A couple of HD screenshots

I have finally changed the settings of the build to use the iPhone HD capabilities.

Here are a couple of screens

Friday, 24 February 2012

Magellan Completed

I said it would be completed within the week and I did it.

Here is the finished Magellan satellite. The bottom bit is the IUS or "Inertial Upper Stage" and is used in the Galileo as well so I have my work cut out a little bit there. I think they use the same Unwrapp...or at least I hope I thought about it when I did it.

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Magellan Colour start

Here are some screens of the colourwork.

I am quite pleased with how it is starting. I am not extremelly happy with the gold foil but thereis not much more I can do without expending a lot of time...I will revisit it at the final texture polish.

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Magellan Greyscale

The greyscale is done. I think in this case I will work a bit more in the color than in the greyscale as there aren't as many panels as in the previous models

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Magellan line work

After completing the Skylab and a quiet night, back to work and this time it is the Magellan satellite in launch configuration. I already had done the AO bake and the size is much smaller than all the other so far so I have already completed the line work.

This one should be completed within a week.


Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Skylab completed

I have decided that it looks good enough. I can't find reference that will go close enough to the detail so I think that this is it for the skylab.

Monday, 13 February 2012

Skylab almost there...again

Almost there... I can't seem to be satisfied with the final texture.

I will add a few details and highlights and will move on to the Agena Docking Target. Otherwise I won't finish this ever.

I have two nights to finish this.

Friday, 10 February 2012

Skylab progress

I am currently finishing the greyscale of the new texture.

It is taking quite a while but it is definetively worth it if you compare it to the texture I did as a test originaly and that had stayed for some time.

This will be the base for the coloring process.